Did anyone else feel excited when they saw their favourite hedgehog on the big screen? We had a sudden urge to buy an office hedgehog. Turns out, it is quite difficult (and sometimes illegal) to get your hands on a pet hedgehog.
Sonic the Hedgehog is the most badass hedgehog on the planet. However, as much as we’d love to own a prickly pal, we’ve had to resort to making dozens of Sonic Shirts as a substitute for a real pants-less hedgehog. If anything changes, come back here, and we’ll give you the lowdown.
Sonic Shirts - For The Love Of Pants-less Hedgehogs
If we were caught walking around the local supermarket wearing nothing but our shoes, we would probably be arrested and end up on about a dozen different lists. (And none of those lists would involve complimenting us on our delicious physique.)
Not Sonic, though. That little ball of super energy—in an extremely handsome hedgehog package—gets away with going bottomless all the time. In fact, that little blue beastie was quoted saying, ‘I am living my best life on earth.’ And, you know what? We love that for him.
If you’ve fallen down what we call the Threadheads nostalgia rabbit hole, and you’re itching for some Sonic merch, you’re probably an 80s or 90s baby (maybe even a 70s baby). Oh boy, do we miss those days of playing Sonic on the Sega Genesis, floppy disks, and no responsibility.
Can you prove that you’re a true Sonic the Hedgehog fan, though? Alright, let’s test your knowledge. Did you know that:
- Sonic’s character was inspired by a bunch of pop-culture icons and other random things. He’s a mishmash of Felix the Cat, Mickey Mouse, Michael Jackson’s 1987 album (Bad), Bill Clinton, and Santa Claus. We’d love a pint of whatever they were drinking at Sega!
- Sonic was originally called Mr Needlemouse. And he was also supposed to be the leader of a rock band that included a parakeet, a monkey, a rabbit, and a crocodile. We think we prefer Sonic, but we reckon that band could’ve given the Beatles a run for their money. Do you think they’d all be wearing Sonic t-shirts like this one?
- Dr. Ivo ‘Eggman’ Robotnik is a Teddy Roosevelt caricature in Pyjamas.
- Michael Jackson worked on the music for Sonic 3. (A HEE HEE).
Honestly, we don't care if you knew all or none of these tasty facts. You’d look good in these Sonic the Hedgehog t-shirts anyway—especially this one.
The Most Famous Hedgehog In The World
It’s no easy feat to become the most famous hedgehog in the world—especially amongst a prickle of hedgehogs. (Sidebar: Did you know that a group of hedgehogs is called a prickle? How cute. Hehehe.)
Sonic is so famous that other hedgehogs would crawl back into their mothers just to avoid the shame of never achieving such greatness. Sonic is so famous that even Keanu Reeves would probably change his name to Keanu the Hedgehog Reeves just to gain some clout.
Naturally, the most famous hedgehog in the world also has one of the most powerful bunch of groupies in the world. Yes, you guessed it. We’re talking about Paramount’s redesign of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Name another fan base that has enough power to convince one of the oldest and biggest film studios in the world to redesign an entire movie. We dare you. And did you know that it cost Paramount around $5 million to complete?
We’re not complaining, that’s for sure. Imagine if we’d had to design Sonic t-shirts with a hedgehog that really just looks like a child in a Sonic onesie. Ugh. Thank your lucky tails that they fixed that speed bump. Get your official Sonic shirts. We guarantee he won’t just speed off on you.
Random Sonic Quotes That Will Totally Make You Want To Buy Sonic Merch
There is so much more to this blue anthropomorphic hedgehog than meets the eye. So here are our favourite quotes from this cobalt blue cutie.
- "You just picked a fight with a poorly disguised hedgehog who's seen way too many action movies.”
- "So what were you expecting? A dirty little hedgehog eating berries, and struggling to survive? Think again, because I am living my best life on Earth.”
- "You think you're nervous? I'm not even wearing pants!”
- “You know, what can I say? I die hard.”
- “The only thing inevitable here is my foot kicking your butt.”
- "What you see is what you get. Just a hedgehog that loves adventure. I'm Sonic the Hedgehog.”
- “Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.” That’s deep for a little hedgehog.
Is it about time you spin towards these Sonic shirts like you’d spin towards your future?